Career Education Corporation operates 90 career-focused schools throughout the United States and Europe. CEC was looking to consolidate their operations, which were spread out in five buildings throughout the Chicagoland area, into one Campus Support Center. They chose an existing 11-story, 317,000 square-foot building on Martingale Road in Schaumburg, Illinois. Originally constructed in 1979, the new headquarters required extensive renovations. It had seen multiple occupants and primarily served as a data center for those firms.
- A typical floor includes open office workspaces, interior offices, conference rooms and a pantry/lounge area.
- One floor offers conference and training facilities and includes meeting space and additional audio/visual capabilities.
- A full-service cafeteria and kitchen were added in addition to a convenience store, landscaping upgrades and outdoor seating.
- Project included electrical and mechanical infrastructure upgrades
- General office construction with associated amenities, food preparation and dining facilities,
- IT infrastructure and integration, audio/visual capabilities and security systems.
- Pepper joined the project early and assisted the design team and owner’s representative in verifying budget expectations, constructability concerns and schedule maintenance.