About Pepper, Quality
Pepper Construction enjoys a reputation of excellence, and we attribute our success to our relationships. Whether it’s clients that span our 90-year history or being recognized by the Indiana Subcontractor’s Association as the General Contractor of the Year ($100 million), relationships are the foundation of our business.
Excellence does not rest. We could not have endured the Great Depression, World War II, the many real estate booms and busts, the dotcom fallout, nor the most recent recession without continuing to raise the bar.
What are some of our historic decisions that elevated us to the next level?
- Founding the city of Chicago’s first carpenter’s apprentice program. Today, we train a large percent of Chicago’s carpenters.
- Opening offices in Indiana and Ohio to better serve our current clients and build new relationships. Each is a full-service, stand-alone company with revenues that place us among the leading contractors in those markets.
- Establishing Pepper Environmental Technologies to serve clients in need of remediation and abatement services. PET also contracts with other general contractors and clients directly.
- Becoming a major player in the manufacturing market with the award of a massive consolidation project in Indianapolis.
- Adding high-rise residential construction and vertical concrete as core business units. We are enjoying the view from the top!
The list could go on and on….
While each has been important to our business, they also have delivered value for our clients by improving the quality of our work, making our teams more accessible and providing speed to market solutions.
Last month, Director of High Performance and Sustainability Susan Heinking wrote an article about our Nothing Hits the Floor program, where we’re raising the bar in how we clean and organize our jobsites with the goal of turning over healthier facilities. We’ve also shared how we’re using 3D models for immersive experiences, concrete estimating and facility management to enhance decision-making and extend the data usage beyond project completion.
As we have always done, we’re continuing to test and develop innovations to recommend practical applications for our clients. You aren’t likely to hear from us about being the first to run our projects with robots or 3D print an entire building (though you can find applications of both technology on our projects). Instead, our approach is to use forms of the technology to advance our processes and deliverables.
Over the next few weeks, we’ll be talking about how we’re raising the bar – with safety, quality, resiliency and visualization. We believe how we’re applying innovative ideas sets us apart, and it also benefits the industry as a whole. I hope you’ll check back to learn more about what we’re doing.