The new $175 million Community Hospital East Campus Master Plan represents Community Health Network's commitment to serving the Indianapolis community and delivering innovative care in today's ever-changing healthcare environment. What originally began as a campus expansion and renovation of the emergency department has evolved into a four-year campus redevelopment that will consolidate 688,000 square feet into a more efficient 518,000 square feet.
- Make ready departmental and utility relocations
- Demolition of 230,000 square feet between two existing buildings on the hospital's campus
- In the footprint of the demolished buildings, Pepper is building a five-story bed tower
- New 155-bed tower will total approximately 272,000 square feet and includes a new procedural platform and emergency department
- Backfill work, including more departmental and utility relocations and demolition of an additional 232,000 square feet of two more existing structures
- New main entrance, lobby and circle drive
- Will complete in the first quarter of 2020
You can follow the project's progress on Twitter at @PepperConstruct.