Originally built in 1910 and 1940, Swain East and Swain West Halls at the IU Bloomington Campus house the university’s physics and astronomy departments. With the last major renovations occurring in 1992 for Swain East and 1973 for Swain West, both buildings were in need of updating to provide an effective and engaging learning environment for students. The renovation included new building systems and envelope improvements, in addition to accessibility upgrades and new landscaping. Classrooms and lab spaces within Swain West were updated to include the latest technologies for students and faculty.
Joint Venture Partner